School was out this Monday thanks to Presidents Day and I made this for my finances meal prep for the week!! Dinner is something that we want to be quick and easy. It has veggies, carbs and protein for a quick weeknight meal and comes together in less than 45 minutes!
- 1 C brown rice
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (small) pepper
- 1 (small) onion
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package
- Dice up peppers and onions
- Saute them in a pan with olive oil till softened
- add ground turkey, cook through
- Add seasonings*
- Add diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed black beans and corn.
- Once rice is finished add rice and combine all ingredients together.
- Serve with salsa, a dollop of sour cream, and a sprinkle of cheese!
*Keep adding until seasoned to your liking! It can be spicy or not depending on your taste!*